Friday, September 21, 2012

Artprize info

It is time for ArtPrize 2012. I have a piece at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. Art prize is the biggest monetary value based art competition in the WORLD. And it is here in poor Michigan! I have a chance at winning $200,000 if I win public vote. I have a chance to win $100,000 if I win the grand jury award. I have a chance to win $20,000 if I win a prize. Last but not least if I win all three of those I could win $320,000... Pretty crazy. I don't know what I would do with all of that money. Better just not win anything. Well, there is a lot of good art out in Grandrapids for ArtPrize. Go check it out people!
ArtPrize is based on public vote, but you have to register in Grandrapids to vote! So, if you see my piece and like it you can vote 52300!

Voting instructions:

Also, I am hosting an event for ArtPrize! If you come to my location on on Wednesday the 19th, I will be handing out FREE CDs with Xander Clinthorne's latest musical compositions! These are not yet available for downloading online so if you want a CD come to the Grand Rapids Public Museum from 6:00pm-7:30pm! It might be important to note that the music is the audio played from inside the latest piece.

I'll give you a little sneak peak of the ArtPrize piece. It's title is: The sea worm named Largarfljtsormur. (based on Icelandic folklore)









No comments:

Post a Comment