Monday, December 20, 2010

Artist Statements

            I am fascinated with watching things grow. As things grow, things change. The Character of everything will grow and develop overtime.  It is my intention to explore the character represented by subjects that I observe.
            Factors of the environment have influenced the changes that occurred in all of my subjects.  The original design of an object combined with erosion, drying and/or epiphytic growth have determined the structure of my subjects.  I think the remnants of function that these elements form when they are combined is beautiful. When I am exploring what I find beautiful about my subjects I always learn something. My subjects teach me about time, growth, form and character.
            Objects are defined by their properties. Indicators of function signify character. True character is exposed when taken to an extreme limit. A leaf loses all water content and the beauty of the curve becomes visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment